High Speed Multi-IO SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface), Debugger, and SPI Flash Programming
Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus applications can be deceivingly complex due an ever-growing number of modes and increasing performance requirements. New serial bus designs require debug equipment with multi-IO support and high speed capabilities at an affordable price.
The BusPro-S High-Speed Multi-IO SPI Host is designed with speed, versatility, and value in mind. Featuring a 60 MHz clock rate with up to 200 Mb/s throughput and support for standard, dual, quad, and 3-wire modes, the BusPro-S is the right tool for all SPI debugging applications-present and beyond.
- High-performance USB to SPI controller with multi-IO interface.
- Four IO modes including standard, 3-wire, dual, and quad.
- User programmable SCK rate up to 60 MHz in enhanced mode.
- Up to 200 Mb/s throughput in enhanced mode for fast programming speed.
- Selectable interface voltage of 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V.
- Configurable bit order, slave select polarity, and SPI mode.
- Eight independent slave select signals for designs with multiple slave devices.
- Powerful debugger with command script editor.
- In-System Programming (ISP) of SPI serial Flash and EEPROMs.
- Detailed transaction log with time stamp and data recording.
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Robust and portable bus-powered USB device, no external power supply required.
- Royalty-free software application programming interface (API).
- SPI Exerciser software supports Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, and Windows® 7 operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit).
Intuitive Software Interface
The included SPI Exerciser software features two modules: Debugger and SPI Flash Programming.
The Debugger module features a command script interface with individual tabs for maintaining multiple command sessions. The transaction log maintains a list of all activity performed by the BusPro-S. The debugger interface features easy access to both standard and enhanced modes for maximum flexibility when debugging complex systems.
The SPI Flash Programming module features a library of common Flash and EEPROM device models for fast, convenient in-system erase, program, verify, and read operations for both standard and multi-IO components.
The BusPro-S includes an application programming interface (API) in the form of a 32-bit Windows DLL. All major host functions are available through the API for convenient integration into third party applications and for use with popular lab and test executive software suites.
High Speed SPI Debugger and SPI Flash Programming
The BusPro-S is a value-oriented, high speed Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) debugging and programming tool. The USB-based desktop instrument allows engineers to save precious development time by providing low level control of SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface)es for the generation of SPI traffic and for programming SPI memory. The BusPro-S includes two modes of operation: standard mode for simple SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface)es and enhanced/multi-IO mode for interfacing with the latest high-speed SPI Flash and peripheral devices.
Visit USB to SPI Page
BusPro-S Connector Pin Definitions
The BusPro-S 20-pin connector supports standard and multi-IO modes.