Corelis Inc., a leader in high performance JTAG-based tools, bus analysis tools, and embedded test tools for hardware development and automated testing. Corelis offers the industry’s broadest line of JTAG/boundary-scan software and hardware products and is an industry leader in the JTAG interface and boundary scan market. Corelis has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer at their Cerritos, California headquarters. As an industry leader and innovative technology group, we work together to deliver the highest quality of boundary scan products to our customers. We are seeking ambitious and self-starting team-players who are motivated to reach new levels of success, individually, as well as collectively. Corelis offers a challenging and professional environment, attractive compensation, and a very competitive benefits package. Corelis, Inc is an EWA (Electronic Warfare Associates) company.
This position will provide senior-level software/hardware application support to Corelis’ customers and field sales organization for boundary-scan (JTAG) test and programming tools, emulators, bus analyzers, debugging and integration tools. You will be trained to expert-level in both the use of Corelis’ software, Corelis’ hardware and in valuable test engineering skills to expand your technical knowledge that is necessary for this position. You will use your strong organizational and analytical skills in conjunction with your technical product knowledge to support the company’s inside and outside sales engineers in meeting solution requirements for customers. You will also support Corelis’ inside and outside sales team with product demonstrations via web, and on-occasion, on-site with the customers. The application engineer is responsible for existing software in addition to new software development and will perform debugging, testing, code improvement, trouble-shooting problems related to software application, and modification or software upgrade-related tasks. You will work with the sales team and product managers to optimize products and ensure that product performance meets customer requirements. This position also requires independent thought leadership and judgement on matters of technical and functional issues regarding Corelis products.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- S. in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Engineering (BSCE).
- Ability to work directly with customers professionally.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership and knowledge in configuration, maintenance, and enhancement support of internally developed commercial software packages and systems,
- Exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic technical environment.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Knowledge in Boundary-Scan (IEEE 1149.1 JTAG) technology a plus.
- Familiarity with programmable parts such as flash memories, CPLDs, and FPGAs.
- Hands-on test engineering and digital design experience a plus.
- Experience and ability to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Experience with board test systems is a plus.
- Experience in hands-on troubleshooting and repair a plus.
- Exceptional ability to self-motivate and to work proficiently, both independently and in a team environment.