LOCATION: CERRITOS, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Corelis Senior Hardware Design Engineer, you will design and develop digital hardware using DSPs, FPGAs, CPLDs, and interface circuitry for JTAG emulation tools for leading-edge embedded processors. You will also provide engineering support for Corelis’ JTAG Boundary-Scan test and programming tools, and use thought leadership to contribute new ideas to innovate and develop new products. Additional requirements for this role include performing design reviews and quality assurance testing. You will also provide engineering support for Corelis’ JTAG Boundary-Scan family of products, and use thought leadership to contribute new ideas to innovate and develop new products. We seek ambitious self-starters who can work independently and as team players. You should also be motivated to push the boundaries of technology and reach new levels of success with a team.
- Design and develop digital hardware, FPGAs, CPLDs, microprocessors, interface circuitry, and JTAG emulation tools for leading-edge embedded processors.
- Design digital and analog circuits, adapters, plug-in cards, application-specific circuitry, etc.
- Develop prototypes, including PCB layout preparation, Bill of Material entry, first article testing, and design verification.
- Develop products from concept to production and provide post-delivery customer support and documentation.
- Perform acceptance testing and environmental testing of all Corelis products.
- Serve as production liaison to ensure that products can be produced in large quantities.
- Perform product development from concept to production, including post-delivery customer support and documentation
- Develop expert knowledge about as well as proficiency in the use of Corelis boundary-scan (JTAG) and bus analysis tools and in the development of boundary-scan test procedures.
- Provide technical engineering support for boundary-scan (JTAG) test and programming tools, emulators and debug tools, and bus analysis tools.
- Write user manuals and application notes, and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), etc. for Corelis products.
- Provide technical engineering support for JTAG boundary scan and programming tools emulators and debug tools and bus analysis tools
- Provide thought leadership to help define new products, develop design reviews and perform quality assurance testing.
- MSEE or BSEE and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Hardware Design Engineering.
- FPGA development experience using VHDL.
- Strong familiarity with Xilinx ISE and ModelSim.
- Strong technical background and familiarity with circuit design principles and logic design.
- Strong familiarity with programmable parts such as flash memories, CPLDs, and FPGAs.
- Working knowledge of commonly used interfaces such as I2C, SPI, and Ethernet.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and success driven.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledge of boundary scan (JTAG) (IEEE 1149.1) technology is a plus.
- Knowledge of common EDA design and scripting languages (Python, TCL, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of OrCAD schematic capture and SVN source code control is a plus.
- Willingness to work directly with customers professionally and patiently is a plus.
- The ability to hand-solder SMT components is a plus.
As an industry leader and innovative technology company, Corelis employees work together as a team to deliver the highest quality boundary-scan products to our customers. Corelis offers a challenging and professional work environment, attractive compensation, and a competitive benefits package.
We offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages available today regardless of the industry. We want Corelis members and their families to feel very comfortable knowing that their health and wellness needs will be satisfied. We know that this aspect of employment with Corelis lessens life’s worries and helps to strike that balance between work and family life that we all seek. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Members of the Corelis team enjoy a challenging and rewarding environment where each individual makes a difference and shapes our future.
Candidates may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardware Design Engineering
JTAG Boundary-Scan Test & Measurement of Electronic Circuits