At-Speed, Non-Intrusive Functional Test
Advanced Diagnostics for ScanExpress™ JET
JTAG Embedded Test Solutions
ScanExpress JET advanced diagnostics add additional diagnostic resolution with fully automated analysis translating functional test results to down to the net and pin level, even with BGA packages.
The seamless integration with ScanExpress JET and ScanExpress Runner as well as the ability to output ScanExpress Viewer fault reports for PCB visualization make ScanExpress JET Advanced Diagnostics a must-have tool for any JTAG test system.
- Information is presented in a clear, concise format
- More detailed fault diagnostics than standard functional tests
- Spend less time on debug
- Release prototypes more quickly
- Quickly translates JTAG Embedded Test (JET) functional diagnostics to net-and-pin level
- Clear identification of faults down to the net and pin level
- Precise fault characterization including short, open, and bridging faults
- Seamless integration with ScanExpress JET and ScanExpress Runner
- Detailed fault report logs in an easy-to-read format
- Fault reports integrate with ScanExpress Viewer for fault visualization in layout view
ScanExpress JET Advanced Diagnostics includes type of fault with nets and pins
ScanExpress JET Advanced Diagnostics integrate with ScanExpress Viewer
ScanExpress JET “13 point” Benefit
Corelis ScanExpress JET represents a major step forward for automatic circuit board testing. The JTAG Embedded Test (JET) method extends coverage beyond popular boundary-scan techniques to virtually every signal of the UUT that is accessible by on-board CPU(s). This includes most of the remaining non-scannable, analog and I/O port resources.
Here is a list of some important JET Benefits:
- JET augments UUT structural test coverage with functional tests when UUT includes CPU device(s) with JTAG debug/emulation port(s).
- JET automatically generates functional at-speed tests for memories and flash devices, saving months of coding, tedious UUT tests debugging and significantly reducing the overall tests development costs. Intuitive GUI guides the user through a logical sequence of test preparation steps, followed by automatic generation of functional test steps from start to finish.
- JET functionally tests components at-speed using embedded tests that are downloaded via JTAG into CPU cache memory or RAM. This increases test reliability and helps you diagnose failures, especially when the board does not boot.
Request a Demo
ScanExpress JET – JTAG Embedded Test
ScanExpress JET™ represents a quantum leap in automatic circuit board testing by extending boundary-scan structural test coverage to virtually every signal on the board that is accessible by an on-board CPU.
ScanExpress Runner – Test Program Execution
ScanExpress Runner™ provides a runtime executive environment that is friendly for design, production, and field service.
ScanExpress Viewer – Visual Fault Identification System
ScanExpress Viewer™ is a powerful graphical fault identification system that helps to isolate the source and location of faults encountered during boundary-scan test of printed circuit board assemblies.
Engineers can quickly isolate manufacturing defects from real design problems
Generate detailed fault tickets for identification of failed units during electronic assembly
Utilize fault tickets with ScanExpress Viewer to provide photographic visual failure analysis
High-performance, production-ready JTAG hardware available in single-TAP, 4-TAP, and 8TAP configurations for a variety of interfaces.
Part Number: 20800
Note: Advanced Diagnostics Option for ScanExpress JET. ScanExpress Runner or ScanExpress JET with at least one CPU support package is required to enable advanced diagnostics.
For more information about ScanExpress JET, view the product page.
ScanExpress JET Whitepaper
Click here to view the ScanExpress JET Whitepaper which provides an overview of what JET is, how it works, and the benefits of using JET in conjunction with existing boundary-scan and ICT test methods.