Boundary-scan has proven itself time and again to be a truly versatile interface for structural test, embedded functional test, built-in self test (BIST), software debug, and in-system programming. Supporting such diverse applications requires a controller with high performance specifications and diverse features.
The NetUSB-1149.1/E is a high performance, multi-feature boundary-scan controller for multi-TAP and concurrent JTAG test and in-system programming. Featuring dual-interface USB and LAN support with four independent Test Access Ports (TAPs), direct serial programming capability and voltage sense support, the NetUSB-1149.1/E fits a multitude of boundary-scan applications.
- High-performance JTAG controller with I2C and SPI interfaces.
- Concurrent (gang) testing and In-System Programming (ISP) on up to four UUTs for high volume test.
- Four TAP connections for UUT designs with multiple scan chains.
- User programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 70 MHz.
- Independently configurable output voltage and input voltage threshold.
- Automatic signal delay compensation for long cable lengths.
- Eight ±50V analog voltage measurement channels; two per TAP.
- Dual interface with High-speed USB 2.0 and 10/100Base-T Ethernet.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, and Linux operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit).
High Performance, Versatility
The Corelis NetUSB-1149.1/E JTAG controller is fully compliant with the IEEE Standard 1149.1 for test access. The standalone unit connects between the host PC through a high-speed USB port or Ethernet connection and up to four TAP connectors on any JTAG-based target system. Support for concurrent (Gang) test execution with in-system programming, voltage sense capabilities, and integrated serial interfaces on each TAP connector make the NetUSB-1149.1/E ideal for multi-TAP, high-volume JTAG and serial bus programming integration.
Scan Function Library
For applications that require a low level interface or integration with third party software, Corelis offers a Scan Function Library (SFL). The SFL is provided as a 32-bit DLL for Microsoft Windows and provides all functions necessary to operate the JTAG port and send or receive JTAG instructions and data to the target system. Users can incorporate the drivers in their own application software or integrate the SFL with third party systems such as National Instruments LabVIEW, National Instruments TestStand, and Agilent VEE.
For complete specifications, please refer to the NetUSB-1149.1 User’s Manual.
|Mechanical dimensions||5.2 inches × 7.1 inches × 1.5 inches|
|USB transfer rate||High-speed USB 2.0|
|USB Cable||Ships with a 6 foot USB 2.0 A to B cable|
|Compliance||IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-FX|
|TAPs||4 individually programmable TAPs|
(connects to target cable)
|2-pin (2×10) header (0.100 inches × 0.100 inches).
3M part number 3428-6302 or equivalent.
|TAP cable length||12-inch cables included. Additional options available.|
|Output voltage||Programmable from 1.25 V to 3.30 V in 0.05 V steps.|
|Threshold voltage||Programmable from 0.50 V to 3.30 V in 0.05 V steps.|
|Compliance||IEEE-1149.1 compliant interface|
|TCK clock rate||Configurable up to 70 MHz|
|SCL clock rate||100 kHz|
|Supported chip selects||2 per TAP|
|SCK clock rate||1 MHz|
Leverage boundary-scan to test, debug, and verify hardware through all product life cycle phases—from development through production and into the field.
JTAG Embedded Test
Control a microprocessor through the JTAG debug port to run functional tests, without requiring boot code.
In-System Programming (ISP)
Read, erase, program, and verify Flash Memories, serial PROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs, and other programmable devices directly within a circuit or system design.
High Volume Production
Run concurrent tests and ISP on up to four UUTs with ScanExpress Runner Gang Edition.
- Save time at test stations with high performance JTAG features—up to 70 MHz on all four TAPs for lightning fast test and in-system-programming.
- Increase programming rate for in-system-programming; the advanced architecture provides persistent scan vector output and extraction, ensuring that throughput remains high at all times.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; the multi-TAP controller connects to up to four TAPs for multi-TAP and or gang operation.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan, ISP, and JTAG embedded test products.
Software Support ScanExpress Tools
Corelis offers a complete family of boundary-scan test, JTAG embedded test, and in-system programming tools—all fully compatible and with the NetUSB-1149.1/E advanced features.