Boundary-scan has proven itself time and again to be a truly versatile interface for structural test, embedded functional test, built-in self-test (BIST), software debug, and in-system programming. Supporting such diverse applications requires a controller with high performance specifications and diverse features.
The NetUSB II is a high-performance, multi-feature boundary-scan controller for multi-TAP and concurrent JTAG test and in-system programming. Featuring dual-interface USB and LAN support with four or eight independent and configurable Test Access Ports (TAPs), direct serial programming capability and voltage sense support, the NetUSB II fits a multitude of boundary-scan applications.
- High-performance JTAG controller with I2C and SPI interfaces
- Robust TAP interface with pin protection for harsh test environments
- Concurrent (gang) testing and In-System Programming (ISP) on up to
eight UUTs for high volume test
- Four or eight TAP connections for UUT designs with multiple scan chains
- Configurable TAP pinout to accommodate custom JTAG connections
- User-programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 100 MHz on each TAP
- Independently configurable output voltage and input voltage threshold
- Adjustable signal delay compensation to maximize achievable clock rate
- Up to 16 total analog voltage measurement channels; two per TAP
- Dual interface with high-speed USB and gigabit Ethernet
- Supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
High Performance, Versatility
The Corelis NetUSB II is fully compliant with the IEEE Standard 1149.1 (commonly referred to as JTAG) for test access. The st andalone unit connects between the host PC through a high-speed USB port or Ethernet connection and up to four (4-TAP version) or eight (8- TAP version) TAP connectors on any JTAG-based target system. Support for concurrent (Gang) test execution and in-system programming, voltage sense capabilities, configurable pinout, and integrated serial interfaces on each TAP connector make the NetUSB II ideal for multi-TAP and high-volume JTAG and serial bus-programming integration.
Scan Function Library
For applications that require a low-level interface or integration with third-party software, Corelis offers a Scan Function Library (SFL). The SFL is provided as a DLL for Microsoft Windows and provides all functions necessary to operate the JTAG port to send and receive JTAG instructions and data from the target system. The SFL can be incorporated in custom application software or integrated with third-party systems such as National Instruments LabVIEW, National Instruments TestStand, and Keysight VEE.
Use boundary-scan to test, debug, and verify hardware through all phases of the
product life-cycle, from development through production and into to the field.
JTAG Embedded Test
Control a microprocessor through the JTAG debug port to run functional
tests without requiring boot code.
Read, erase, program, and verify flash memory, serial PROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs,
and other programmable devices directly within a circuit or system design.
High Volume Production
Run concurrent tests and ISP on up to eight UUTs with ScanExpress
Runner™ Gang Edition.
- Save time at test-stations with high performance up to 100 MHz on all TAPs for lightning-fast test and in-system programming.
- Maintain high throughput with TAP interfaces designed for demanding production environments.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; the multi-TAP controller connects to up to eight TAPs for multi-TAP and/or gang operation.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan and JTAG embedded test products.
Software Support ScanExpress Tools
Corelis offers a complete family of boundary-scan test, JTAG embedded test, and in-system programming tools—all fully compatible and with the NetUSB-1149.1/E advanced features.