Boundary-scan has proven itself time and again to be a truly versatile interface for structural test, embedded functional test, built-in self-test (BIST), software debug, and in-system programming. Supporting such diverse applications requires a controller with highperformance specifications and diverse features.
The PXIe-1149.1/4E is a highperformance, multi-feature boundaryscan controller for multi-TAP and concurrent JTAG test and in-system programming. Featuring a high-speed PXI Express (PXIe) interface with four independent and configurable Test Access Ports (TAPs) along with direct serial programming capability, the PXIe- 1149.1/4E enables of boundary-scan integration with PXIe systems.
- High-performance multi-TAP JTAG controller with integrated I2C and SPI interfaces.
- Four TAP connections for designs with multiple scan chains.
- User programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 75 MHz, SPI SCK rate up to 50 MHz, and I2C SCL rate up to 5 MHz.
- Assignable signal pins on each TAP for additional versatility.
- Three general purpose I/O signals per TAP for a total of twelve (12) GPIOs.
- Variable output voltage and configurable input voltage threshold.
- Automatic signal delay compensation for long cable lengths.
- High-speed PXI Express interface ideal for the ATE system integration.
- Supports Microsoft Windows operating systems.
High Performance & Versatility
The Corelis PXIe-1149.1/4E is fully compliant with the IEEE Standard 1149.1 (commonly referred to as JTAG) for test access. Based on the Corelis IEEE- 1149.1/4E 4-TAP architecture, the PXIe card can be installed in a PXIe chassis to provide up to four test access port (TAP) connections on any JTAG-based target system. Support for concurrent (Gang) test execution and in-system programming, configurable pinout, and integrated serial interfaces on each TAP interface make the PXIe-1149.1/4E ideal for multi-TAP and high-volume JTAG and serial bus-programming integration.
Scan Function Library
For applications that require a low-level interface or integration with third-party software, Corelis offers a Scan Function Library (SFL). The SFL is provided as a DLL for Microsoft Windows and provides all functions necessary to operate the JTAG port to send and receive JTAG instructions and data from the target system. The SFL can be incorporated in custom application software or integrated with thirdparty systems such as National Instruments LabVIEW, National Instruments TestStand, and Keysight VEE.
For complete specifications, please refer to the USB-1149.1/4E User’s Manual.
|Mechanical dimensions||8.5 inches × 0.8 inches × 5.1 inches|
|PXIe Interface||3U PXIe slot using 1 lane of PCIe|
|Power Requirements||12 V, 3.3 V provided by the PXIe interface|
|Test Access Ports (TAPs)||4 individually programmable TAPs|
(connects to target cable)
|80-position D-type receptacle
TE Connectivity AMP part number 5787190-8
|Mating Connector||80-position D-type plug
TE Connectivity AMP part number 5749621-8
|Included TAP Cable||One 80-pin to four 20-pin TAP cable, (p/n 15467)
Additional options are available.
|Output voltage||Programmable from 1.25 V to 3.30 V in 0.05 V steps.|
|Threshold voltage||Programmable from 0.50 V to 3.30 V in 0.05 V steps.|
|Compliance||IEEE-1149.1 compliant interface|
|TCK clock rate||Configurable up to 75 MHz|
|SCL clock rate||Configurable up to 5 MHz|
|Chip selects||5 per TAP|
|SCK clock rate||Configurable up to 50 MHz|
Please refer to the PXIe-1149.1/4E User’s Manual for complete specifications.
Use boundary-scan to test, debug, and verify hardware through all phases of the
product life-cycle, from development through production and into to the field.
JTAG Embedded Test
Control a microprocessor through the JTAG debug port to run functional
tests without requiring boot code.
Read, erase, program, and verify flash memory, serial PROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs,
and other programmable devices directly within a circuit or system design.
High Volume Production
Run concurrent tests and ISP on up to four UUTs with ScanExpress
Runner™ Gang Edition.
- Save time at test-stations with high performance up to 75 MHz on all TAPs for lightning-fast test and insystem- programming.
- Integrate JTAG/boundary-scan into PXIe-based ATE systems.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; the multi-TAP controller connects to up to four TAPs for multi-TAP and/or gang operation.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundaryscan and JTAG embedded test products.