Boundary-scan has proven itself time and again to be a versatile interface for structural test, embedded functional test, built-in self test (BIST), software debug, and in-system programming. Supporting such diverse applications requires a controller with high performance specifications and extended features.
The Corelis PCIe-1149.1 is a high-performance boundary-scan controller for multi-TAP (Test Access Port) and concurrent JTAG test and in-system programming. When combined with a ScanTAP™ intelligent pod, the PCIe-1149.1 offers up to 80 MHz clock rates on 4, 8, or 32 TAPs with features such as external write strobe, direct programming, and analog voltage measurement.
- High-performance multi-TAP JTAG controller and expander cards with I2C and SPI interfaces.
- Fully integrated JTAG controller—no additional hardware necessary.
- Custom Function Module (CFM) form factor for easy integration with a Multi-Function Application Board on the Teradyne tester.
- Supports IEEE-1149.1 and IEEE-1149.6 for advanced digital networks.
- User programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 100 MHz, SPI SCK rate up to 50 MHz, and I²C SCL rate up to 5 MHz.
- Variable output voltage and configurable input voltage threshold.
- Versatile configuration allows up to two partial TAPs with a single CFM or up to 4 full JTAG TAPs using expander modules.
- Configurable pin-out with three general purpose I/O channels per TAP.
- Pin protection prevents TAP damage from shorts to power or ground.
- High-speed bus-powered USB 2.0 interface.
- Scan Function Library software supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems.
Maximum Versatility, Tight Integration
The Corelis QuadTAP/CFM JTAG controller is compliant with the IEEE Standard 1149.1 for test access and is fully capable of executing 1149.1 and 1149.6 tests. The QuadTAP/CFM provides support for up to two TAPs with a single unit or up to four TAPs using QuadTAP/CFM Expander cards. Integrated SPI and I²C programming features on each TAP make the QuadTAP/CFM an ideal and universal solution for combined boundary-scan, JTAG embedded test, and ISP.
Designed for TestStation
The QuadTAP/CFM system was designed specifically for use with Teradyne TestStation and GR228x series Testers. Each board fits directly into one of four CFM slots on a Teradyne Multi- Function Application Board, offering versatility for up to four TAPs. The JTAG, GPIO, I²C, and SPI signals from the installed modules are available directly to test fixtures and the tester backplane.
Integrate multi-TAP boundary-scan tests into Teradyne ICT systems with support for IEEE-1149.6 AC-coupled tests.
JTAG Embedded Test
Add at-speed functional tests by taking control of a CPU JTAG debug port, without requiring boot code.
In-System Programming (ISP)
Directly erase, program, and verify Flash, EEPROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs, and other programmable devices.
- Save time at test stations with high performance JTAG, SPI, and I2C features—up to 100 MHz for lightning fast test and in-system-programming speeds.
- Add multi-TAP capability by integrating Corelis boundary-scan hardware and software directly into the Teradyne ICT.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; adding boundary-scan test coverage reduces the amount of test points required.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan, ISP, and JTAG embedded test software
Part Number 10411
Multi-TAP Integration Bundle for Teradyne ICTs. Includes QuadTAP/CFM and two QuadTAP/CFM Expander cards.
Part Number 10412
Individual QuadTAP/CFM Expander card.
- QuadTAP/CFM User’s Manual
- App Note 12-0312: Using Corelis
Custom Function Modules with