ScanTAP 4 & 8
Boundary-scan has proven itself time and again to be a truly versatile interface for structural test, embedded functional test, built-in self-test (BIST), software debug, and in-system programming. Supporting such diverse applications requires equipment with high-performance specifications and extended features.
Corelis ScanTAP pods are designed for use with PCI-1149.1/Turbo and PCIe-1149.1 high-speed JTAG controllers. Featuring 4 & 8 independent Test Access Ports (TAPs), up to 80 MHz clock rates, and advanced TAP capabilities such as analog voltage measurement, the ScanTAP family of intelligent pods is the ideal JTAG interface for high-performance environments.
- High-performance intelligent JTAG pod.
- Multi-TAP and/or concurrent (GANG) testing and In-System Programming (ISP) on up to 4 to 8 UUTs for high volume test.
- 4 to 8 TAP connections for UUT designs with multiple scan chains.
- User programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 80 MHz for up to 2,560 Mb/sec sustained effective throughput in gang mode.
- Independently configurable output voltage and input voltage threshold.
- Automatic signal delay compensation for long cable lengths.
- Up to eight ±50V analog voltage measurement channels.
- Compatible with PCI-1149.1/Turbo and PCIe-1149.1 high-speed JTAG controllers.
Use boundary-scan to test, debug, and verify hardware through all phases of the product life cycle—from development through production and into the field.
JTAG Embedded Test
Control a microprocessor through the JTAG debug port to run functional tests, without requiring boot code.
In-System Programming (ISP)
Read, erase, program, and verify Flash Memories, serial PROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs, and other programmable devices directly within a circuit or system design.
High Volume Production
Run concurrent tests and ISP on up to eight UUTs with ScanExpress Runner Gang Edition.
|Mechanical Dimensions||4.00 × 4.60 × 0.75 (± 0.25) inches|
|Certifications||RoHS Compliant, CE Marked|
|Host Connector||68-pin SCSI type (AMP part number 78171-7 or equivalent)|
|Host Cable Length||6 feet|
|Maximum TCK Clock Rate||80 MHz|
|Number of TAPs||4 to 8|
|Analog Voltage Measurement Channels||4 to 8 (1 per TAP)|
|Analog Voltage Measurement Range||± 50 V|
- Save time at test stations with high performance—up to 80 MHz on all eight TAPs for lightning fast test and in-system-programming.
- Increase programming rate for in-system-programming; the advanced architecture provides persistent scan vector output and extraction, ensuring that throughput remains high at all times.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; the multi-TAP controller connects to up to eight TAPs for multi-TAP and or gang operation.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan, ISP, and JTAG embedded test products.
Part Number 10329
ScanTAP-8 for testing and programming up to 8 UUTs. Includes:
- One 6’ SCSI cable
- Eight 12” 10-pin TAP cables
- One 12” 16-pin TAP cable
- One 12” 20-pin TAP cable
ScanTAP pods require one of the following Corelis JTAG controllers:
- PCI-1149.1/Turbo PCI bus boundary-scan controller.
- PCIe-1149.1 PCIe bus boundary-scan controller.