Protect your Hardware!
The Corelis ScanTAP IsoPod™ is an add-on accessory that provides a galvanic isolation barrier between the target system and the boundary-scan (JTAG) controller hardware. While the Corelis boundary-scan controllers are highly robust and reliable, the complete electrical isolation helps prevent damage to the controller from harsh electrical environments where over-voltage and over-current can damage components.
This Corelis ScanTAP IsoPod was designed to add an additional layer of protection with minimal cost and effort. Open the box and plug it in; everything just works.
- 4 kV isolation barrier helps prevent damage to hardware
- 3.3 V TAP interface
- Supports JTAG test clock (TCK) frequencies up to 40 MHz
- Supports I2C and SPI programming speeds up to 1 MHz
- Compatible with Corelis boundary-scan controllers
- Compatible with the ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan and functional test products
- Standard Corelis 20-pin TAP connectors
Harsh Electrical Environments may damage boundary-scan controllers and test PCs through over-voltage or ESD.
Untested Targets pose the greatest risk for damage to boundary-scan controllers if TAP signals are shorted to power.
Un-keyed TAP Connectors where user error can often result in accidentally driving signals into power or ground.
Ground Potential Mismatches often cause damage due to over-voltage and over-current when connecting components from different systems.
Ground-loops occasionally cause signal integrity issues that are eliminated using digital isolation.
- Prevent time loses due to manufacturing lines and development grinding to a halt when a boundary-scan controller is damaged.
- Cut costs from repairing test machines, controllers, and targets due to damage.
- Limit damage to the boundary-scan controller caused by operator error.
- Simple to use, the ScanTAP IsoPod is functionally transparent so no changes to the hardware test setup are needed.
- Compatible with all Corelis boundary-scan controllers without the need for custom test cables.
Part Number 10406
- Application Note #09-0106
Using the ScanTAP IsoPod to Prevent Hardware Damage in Harsh Electrical Environments
- ScanTAP IsoPod Quick Start Tutorial
- ScanTAP IsoPod User’s Manual