TAP Protection Adapter
Transient events such as Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), inductive switching, and lightning can damage electrical equipment, leading to costly repairs and test equipment down-time, reducing production capacity and increasing time-to-market.
The Corelis TAP Protection Adapter is designed to enhance protection to any Corelis JTAG controller, shielding against harmful events using a combination of electrical defenses.
The compact adapter features series resistors and transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diodes to mitigate damage to the JTAG controller. Protect your investment and enjoy peace-of-mind with the TAP Protection Adapter.
- Transient voltage suppression for ESD, EFT, and lightning events
- Integrated 10-Ohm series resistors for current limiting
- IEC 61000−4−2 Level 4 ESD protection
- Short 3” cable length between JTAG controller and adapter minimizes performance impact
- Standard 20-pin 0.1” pitch, dual-row header connector compatible with all Corelis JTAG controllers
- One-to-one connectors with clearly labeled polarization for quick and easy installation
- Completely passive protection; no external power supply connection required
Protection against harmful events
The protection adapter is designed to be minimally invasive while helping to protect against ESD, EFT, and lightning events that may harm the JTAG controller. The adapter provides IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD protection on all TAP signals.
Connecting to the target (UUT)
The TAP Protection Adapter ships with a short 3” 20-pin ribbon TAP Extension Cable (p/n 15463) to connect between the JTAG controller TAP connector and the connector labeled “Controller” on the adapter. Note that the attachment assignments (scan controller side and target side) as marked between protection adapter connectors must be strictly observed to maintain proper functionality.
To connect the TAP Protection Adapter to the target (UUT), follow these steps in the order listed:
- Verify that the target (UUT) is powered off.
- Plug one end of the supplied Extension Cable (p/n 15463) directly into the TAP header of the scan controller.
- Plug the other end of the Extension Cable (p/n 15463) directly into the header labeled “Controller” on the TAP Protection Adapter.
- Plug the target cable directly into the header labeled “Target” on the TAP Protection Adapter.
- Apply power to the target. The system is now ready for use.
Harsh electrical environments where strong voltage transients may occur due to ground loops, EMI pick-up, electro-static build-up, or disturbances on facility power lines.
- Improve defense against damage to boundary-scan (JTAG) controller test equipment
- Reduce costly repairs and potential production downtime
- Gain peace-of-mind
- Simple to use
Part Number 15462
- TAP Protection Adapter
- 3” TAP Extension Cable (p/n 15463)
For complete electrical isolation for harsh electrical environments, see the Corelis ScanTAP-IsoPod.