As circuit and system complexities increase, test point access for in-circuit test (ICT) continues to decrease at a rapid rate; new design features such as buried vias and ball-grid-arrays (BGA) present a difficult, if not impossible situation for any ICT system to gain access to system nets.
Adding boundary-scan without losing the ICT investment is an attractive prospect—by combining ICT and boundary-scan, test engineers are achieving the benefits of these complementary technologies and the highest possible test coverage.
The USB-1149.1/CFM™ High-Speed single-TAP boundary-scan controller makes adding JTAG test to Teradyne ICTs a snap. Designed specifically for integration into Teradyne TestStation™ and GR228x testers, the USB-1149.1/CFM offers a clean, convenient boundary-scan solution.
- High-performance JTAG controller with I2C and SPI interfaces
- Supports IEEE-1149.1 and IEEE-1149.6 for advanced digital networks
- User programmable JTAG TCK rate up to 100 MHz, SPI SCK rate up to 50 MHz, and I2C SCL rate up to 5 MHz
- Custom Function Module (CFM) form factor fits in a single slot of a Custom Function Board (CFB) on the Teradyne tester
- Variable output voltage and configurable input voltage threshold
- On-board relays completely isolate JTAG and ICT operations
- Three general purpose I/O channels
- High-speed bus-powered USB 2.0 interface
- Scan Function Library software supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems
High Performance, Tight Integration
The Corelis USB-1149.1/CFM™ JTAG controller is compliant with the IEEE Standard 1149.1 for test access and is fully capable of executing 1149.1 and 1149.6 tests. The USB-1149.1/CFM integrates effortlessly within the Teradyne system and interfaces with Corelis ScanExpress software. Integrated SPI and I2C programming features make the USB-1149.1/CFM an ideal and universal solution for combined boundary-scan, JTAG embedded test, and ISP.
Designed for TestStation™
The USB-1149.1/CFM was designed specifically for use with Teradyne TestStation and GR228x series Testers. The CFM form factor boards fits directly into one of four slots in a Teradyne CFB. Integration is simple and transparent; once installed in the system, the USB- 1149.1/CFM JTAG, GPIO, I2C, and SPI signals are available to test fixtures and the tester backplane.
Integrate boundary-scan testing with Teradyne ICTs, complete with support for IEEE-1149.6 AC-coupled tests.
JTAG Embedded Test
Add at-speed functional tests by taking control of a CPU JTAG debug port, without requiring boot code.
In-System Programming (ISP)
Directly erase, program, and verify Flash, EEPROMs, CPLDs, FPGAs, and other programmable devices.
- Save time at test stations with high performance JTAG features—up to 100 MHz for lightning fast test and in-system-programming speeds.
- Increase system capability by integrating Corelis boundary-scan hardware and software directly into the Teradyne ICT.
- Reduce costs associated with fixtures; adding boundary-scan test coverage reduces the amount of test points required.
- Compatible with the complete ScanExpress™ family of boundary-scan, ISP, and JTAG embedded test software.
Software Support ScanExpress Tools
Corelis offers a complete family of boundary-scan test, JTAG embedded test, and in-systemprogramming tools—all fully compatible and with the USB- 1149.1/CFM advanced features.