Freescale i.MX35 CPU Support
Ideal for the consumer, industrial, and automotive industries, Freescale ARM11™-based i.MX35 is the basis for many smart embedded systems. Of course, maintaining a high level of system quality and reliability while keeping up with rapid development and production requires an equally smart approach to test – one where the same CPU that drives the system can also provide unparalleled access to system components.
Corelis ScanExpress JET for i.MX35 utilizes the i.MX35 JTAG port to take control of the ARM11 core, enabling fast and easy test development and execution of full Corelis functional test suite for supported peripherals.
Standard and Custom Tests
Freescale i.MX35 CPU Support for ScanExpress JET includes automatic test generation for commonly used peripherals.
- CPU Initialization – Test basic communication and functions of the CPU.
- SDRAM – Execute a full suite of at-speed SDRAM tests to catch hard-to-find faults.
- NAND Flash and NOR Flash – Test and program Flash using maximum CPU clock speed.
- I2C Discovery – Scan the I2C bus to identify and communicate with connected devices.
- UART Loopback – Verify UART communication via a simple loopback cable.
- Ethernet Loopback – Test Ethernet functions using a simple loopback cable.
- Power Management IC (PMIC) – Ensure that the power management system is fully functional.
Supported Altera Cyclone V SoC part numbers include 5CSEA2, 5CSEA4, 5CSEA5, 5CSEA6, 5CSXC2, 5CSXC4, 5CSXC5, 5CSXC6, 5CSTD5, 5CSTD6.
CPU i.MX35, Part/Model i.MX351, i.MX353, i.MX355, i.MX356, i.MX357
JET is able to increase board test coverage by quickly combining boundary-scan testing with at-speed functional testing.
JET assists in prototype debug before test firmware or test fixtures are available
JET is able to save coding time through automatic test and diagnostic generation.
Field Application Engineers
JET can be used to field validate a customer board or upgrade firmware on-site.
JET can identify board failures quickly reducing the repair cost per unit.