Freescale i.MX51 CPU Support
Embedded systems built around the powerful and versatile i.MX51 applications processor rely on their strong central core to manage and control the surrounding peripherals, providing performance and efficiency for the most demanding applications. Why not leverage that same power to functionally test, verify, and program these peripherals – at speed and without requiring costly fixtures?
Corelis ScanExpress JET with i.MX51 CPU support utilizes the i.MX51 JTAG port to take full control of the ARM Cortex-A8 core, enabling fast and easy test development and execution of full Corelis functional test suite for supported peripherals.
Standard and Custom Tests
Freescale i.MX51 CPU Support for ScanExpress JET includes automatic test generation for commonly used peripherals.
- CPU Initialization – Test basic communication and functions of the CPU.
- SDRAM – Execute a full suite of at-speed SDRAM tests to catch hard-to-find faults.
- Serial NOR Flash – Test and program serial Flash using maximum CPU clock speed.
- I2C Discovery – Scan the I2C bus to identify and communicate with connected devices.
- UART Loopback – Verify UART communication via a simple loopback cable.
- Ethernet Loopback – Test Ethernet functions using a simple loopback cable.
- Power Management IC (PMIC) – Ensure that the power management system is fully functional.
i.MX51 Part/Model Number i.MX512, i.MX513, i.MX514, i.MX515, i.MX516
JET is able to increase board test coverage by quickly combining boundary-scan testing with at-speed functional testing.
JET assists in prototype debug before test firmware or test fixtures are available
JET is able to save coding time through automatic test and diagnostic generation.
Field Application Engineers
JET can be used to field validate a customer board or upgrade firmware on-site.
JET can identify board failures quickly reducing the repair cost per unit.