TI AM18x CPU Support
Sitara™ ARM9™ AM18x microprocessors from Texas Instruments offer interfaces to a host of peripherals – peripherals that may be inaccessible to external probes, but are still at risk of faults and require thorough, at-speed testing. Corelis’ JTAG Embedded Test technology leverages the same microprocessor used to run the system to functionally test, verify, and program these peripherals – non-intrusively and at system speed.
Corelis ScanExpress JET™ makes full use of the ARM9™ core; by taking control of the system JTAG port, ScanExpress JET provides convenient development and execution of the complete Corelis functional test suite for supported system peripherals – right out of the box.
Standard and Custom Tests
TI AM18x CPU Support for ScanExpress JET includes automatic test generation for commonly used peripherals.
- CPU Initialization – Test basic communication and functions of the CPU.
- SDRAM – Execute a full suite of at-speed SDRAM tests to catch hard-to-find faults.
- NAND, NOR, & SPI NOR Flash – Test and program Flash using maximum CPU clock speed.
- I2C Discovery – Scan the I2C bus to identify and communicate with connected devices.
- UART Loopback – Verify UART communication via a simple loopback cable.
- Ethernet Loopback – Test Ethernet functions using a simple loopback cable.
- Power Management IC (TPS65070) – Ensure that the power management system is fully functional.
AM18x – AM1802, AM1806, AM1808, AM1810
JET is able to increase board test coverage by quickly combining boundary-scan testing with at-speed functional testing.
JET assists in prototype debug before test firmware or test fixtures are available
JET is able to save coding time through automatic test and diagnostic generation.
Field Application Engineers
JET can be used to field validate a customer board or upgrade firmware on-site.
JET can identify board failures quickly reducing the repair cost per unit.