JTAG Starter Kit
JTAG test and debug has traditionally been reserved for highly experienced personnel with a deep understanding of the technology. The Corelis JTAG Starter Kit aims at providing engineers and technicians convenient and affordable access to getting started with JTAG test and debug.
The intuitive, easy-to-use software application is filled with powerful and useful tools that make hardware debug both enjoyable and cost effective. The interactive toolkit provides complete, real-time circuit visualization effectively eliminating the complexity of troubleshooting and debugging boards.
Complete with a portable USB 2.0 controller, the JTAG Starter Kit provides everything necessary to get started using JTAG, yet still provides a flexible upgrade path to higher performance controllers and integration with high-end Corelis applications.
- Complete, easy-to-use hardware and software bundle for JTAG testing
- Interactive, real-time visual control and observation of all boundary-scan controllable input and output signals
- Two scripting modules—advanced and basic—provide powerful, automated access to boundary-scan signals
- JTAG protocol command module for direct low-level access to JTAG scans
- TCK test finds the maximum clock rate for a unit under test (UUT)
- Opcode discovery module identifies potential undocumented instructions for each device on the scan chain
- Customizable Graphical User Interface (GUI) with window docking
- Powerful API interfaces with popular third party test executives
- Fully complies with IEEE standard 1149.1
- Includes portable Corelis USB 2.0 JTAG controller
- Works with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10
The Corelis JTAG Starter Kit includes the ScanExpress Debugger software application with a USB 2.0 JTAG controller. Engineers and technicians alike can use the system for a variety of tasks. The JTAG Starter Kit has an arsenal of features to control and observe system signals of a boundary-scan compatible UUT.
The software features an interactive GUI with two main views: the script debugger and pin grid with component visualization.
The script debugger features an integrated development environment for debug and execution of user-created scripts. The “C”-style scripting language should be familiar to users with a programming background.
Pin Grid & Component Visualization
The pin grid features controls to set and monitor the state of individual pins and groups of pins on the UUT. Component display windows can be enabled for any component on the boundary-scan chain, enabling at-a-glance visualization of pin activity and convenient functions to control system signals. Actions performed in the pin grid will be reflected in the component display, and vice versa.
Many software tools are included to aid in JTAG development and debug, including:
Topology Definition Wizard
- Topology Viewer
- Chain Infrastructure Test
- Pin Browser with Group Editor and Detailed Filtering
- Maximum TCK Finder
- Basic Scripting
- Undocumented Opcode Discovery
- Low-Level Protocol Scans
- Many More…
The JTAG Starter Kit includes a portable USB 2.0 JTAG controller with a single test access port (TAP). The hardware features selectable interface TAP voltages of 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V, 3 general purpose I/O (GPIO) signals, and a configurable test clock (TCK) rate with a maximum speed of 30 MHz.
Additional Hardware Options
For designs that utilize more than one TAP and for users looking for higher performance options, the JTAG Starter Kit is also compatible with Corelis’ complete line of high-performance JTAG controllers.
Debug and visualize prototype hardware faults, even on component pins with no physical access.
Integrate boundary-scan control and test scripts into automated test routines.
Service & Repair
Troubleshoot hard-to-find faults with just a JTAG adapter and a PC.
Speed up hardware development on products with BGA and fine-pitch components that are not accessible with external probes.
Modular JTAG toolkit makes boundary-scan test tasks easy for any experience level.
Free up engineering resources by eliminating the need to write functional tests.
Reduce debug and troubleshooting time using a single, integrated toolkit.
Part Number 30660
- ScanExpress Debugger (includes one year of support & upgrades)
- USB JTAG Controller (includes USB cable & standard TAP cables)