What’s New in ScanExpress 9.5
TI MSP430 Spy-Bi-Wire Programming
NetUSB II multi-TAP JTAG controllers can now be used to program MSP430 devices using the Spy-Bi-Wire protocol. Spy-Bi-Wire is a serialized JTAG protocol that allows programming of Texas Instruments MSP430 microcontrollers over a two-wire interface instead of the traditional four-wire JTAG interface.
ScanExpress Programmer API Functions
The ScanExpress Programmer API now features functions to override programming file options at runtime in addition to functions to execute programming actions with a custom set of parameters and dump memory contents to a file.
New functions include:
|sepFPISetProgOption||Override the programming options specified in a preloaded FPI programming file.|
|sepFPISetProgOffset||Override the programming offset option specified in a preloaded FPI programming file.|
|sepFPISetProgTck||Override the TCK frequency value specified in a preloaded FPI programming file.|
|sepFPISetProgPIO||Override the parallel I/O options specified in a preloaded FPI programming file.|
|sepFPIDump||Dump flash memory contents to a file.|
|FlashProgrammer||Load and execute flash programming actions according to a set of parameters.|
Support for PXIe-1149.1/4E
All ScanExpress applications now support the new PXIe-1149.1/E High-Performance 4-TAP PXI Express JTAG Controller. The PXIe-1149.1/4E brings the same high-speed USB-1149.1/4E architecture to a PXI Express (PXIe) form factor for integration with PXI/PXIe ATE systems. Please contact Corelis Sales for pricing and availability.
ScanExpress JET CPU Support & Improvements
ScanExpress JET now supports PowerPC 750 processors and 32-bit AURIX TriCore Microcontrollers. Each new processor support package includes base RAM and NOR flash tests and programming support. Please contact Corelis Sales for pricing and availability.
ScanExpress 9.5 Release Notes
- SEBT-120: Added support for programming MSP430 devices using Spy-Bi-Wire with NetUSB II controllers.
- SEJET-121: Resolved an issue initializing Xilinx Zynq UltraScale when there are multiple devices in the scan chain.
- SEBT-156: Resolved an issue with the TRST* signal using Blackhawk controllers.
- SEJET-152: Resolved an issue when loading custom flash DEV files.
- SEP-20: Added new API functions to provide additional FPI program and dump options.
- SEP-23: Added support for the COFF data file format.
- PCIT-10: Improved performance of 64-bit PCI-1149.1/Turbo controller drivers.
- PCIE-5: Improved performance of 64-bit PCIe-1149.1 controller drivers.
- SEJET-136: Resolved connection issues with some Texas Instruments DSPs.
- SEJET-136: Resolved JET test step connection issues with some Texas Instruments DSPs.
- USB4E-26: Resolved an issue with USB-1149.1/4E external ready/busy and external write enable flash programming options.
- SEBT-149: Resolved an issue with driver installation on 32-bit versions of Windows 10.
- SEJET-41: Added support for Infineon AURIX TriCore microcontrollers.
- SER-89: Resolved an issue with USB-1149.1/4E controllers and individual test step TAP chaining configuration.
- SER-91: Resolved an issue with USB-1149.1/4E controllers and individual test step SPI & I2C TAP configuration.
- USB4E-21: Resolved issue with USB-1149.1/4E controllers where parallel outputs would be tri-stated when they should remain high or low.
- SEBT-147: Added support for PXIe-1149.1/4E in all applications.
- SER-87: Resolved an issue with USB-1149.1/4E TAP configuration.
- SEJET-82: Added basic support for PowerPC 750 processors.
- NETUSBII8-33: Removed pre-execution TAP power short test for all controllers. Removed extra NetUSB II reinitialization steps.